It's been a few days, so I thought I'd share what I've been up to.
I picked up some lovely tulle this past weekend for bridal veils and I made one in black and another in white. They are very simple and elegant: the design has a long bottom piece that hangs to mid-arm length and a blusher on top that just covers the face. I used my beloved serger to finish the ends and give them a feminine lettuce edging. The tulle was hand gathered and sewn to a 4" silver comb and finished with ribbon and beads. Here are some pictures:
AND I've been stashing away time to work on my new STEAMPUNK wings. Oh yes, they are in the works! I am building the frame right now and it is real slow going. The base wire is aluminum and the connecting/wrapping wire is 16 gage stainless steel. My hands are killing me and I've been wearing my wrist braces again but it will be so worth it when they are done. This pair is going to be movable too! I will post some pictures as soon as I get a little further along. :)