Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Product: Crystal and Glass Wand

And here it is, the new product I mentioned a few days ago that was unveiled for the first time at the Maryland Faerie Festival: my first Soldered Crystal and Glass Wand!The shaft is a black 12-13mm dia. moretti glass rod. The stones include two large quartz points - one on each end, a baroque labradorite cabochon with wonderful shiller (the blue flashes), and a collection of tumbled quartz and hematite. It was composed with silver back copper foil and lead free solder holds it all together. This is a solid construction and weight more than it looks like it should. As my very first soldering project, I am quite pleased with the way it turned out.

1 comment:

Athena's Armoury said...

It's gorgeous. I think you did an amazing job for your first soldering project!

I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Find details at my blog: http://AthenasArmoury.blogspot.com