Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hello December! Good Bye Christmas!!!

So you know what time of year it is: the twinkle lights are out in force, Christmas trees are on sale and holiday trappings are everywhere you look begging you to buy presents for everyone on your list. I actually thought it would be a really cute idea for a while to put a picture of our cats wearing Santa hats on the Christmas cards this year. The cat's didn't go for it. And they still have not forgiven me for trying to make them wear hats.

In any case, for those of you that know me, I am so not into the whole holiday thing.
Would it offend you if I told you I really did not feel like celebrating a bastardized pagan holiday mainstreamed by a religion I have no connection to and savagely commercialized by companies so desperate to turn a profit that they pepper your every waking moment with advertisements that belittle you for not emptying out your bank account to buy presents for anyone and everyone you have ever met?

So I've decided to give up Christmas and start my own holiday!
This year I am going to celebrate HAPPY BAKING HOLIDAY!
That's right! The only true delight of the holiday season is in the crumbly sugary goodness of the all the baked goods and confections created and consumed with relish (and guilt!) from Thanksgiving to New Years Eve!!! So while you roast your turkeys and dream of sugar plums with presents stuffed under your ornament laden trees, I will be in my kitchen, whipping up endless batches of chocolate chip wonder cookies, lemon coconut angels, Magnificent cocoa brownies, coconut marvel balls, truly evil pound cake, vintage spice cake, cheesecakes, sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms, peanut butter Tandy cakes, oatmeal chai spice cookies, butter creams and peanut butter bull eyes (just to name a few).
Hahahahahah!

And what better way to celebrate Happy Baking Holiday than to share these treats with all of your friends and family so they can enjoy the sugar high while silently cursing you for contributing to ever expanding waistlines since everyone knows you can't just stop at one!!

That being said, since J still wants to celebrate Christmas, so we will have the tree and presents as usual. *sigh*

No comments: